- Underwater reception. My favorite idea of all of these. The goal was that I'd be able to properly dance at my wedding :-P
- Painting a tarot deck and reproducing it to give away as favors. (Not much of a technical problem as most of my family has a good level of artistic talent, especially muir)
- Groomsmen in labcoats.
- Groomsmen in cloaks.
- Groomsmen in not-tuxes. (I kept losing ground on this one)
- Goat ball tea station during the luncheon. (The caterer, who claims to be a "master of all asian cuisines", had never even heard of it (in any name), and so I ended up explaining it out, and something about " creamy tea with flavors and tapioca" just takes all the magic out of it)
- Using a sapling as a cake topper to plant afterwards. (I agreed on this one after my mother pointed out that she had a lot more faith in our relationship than our gardening)
Ideas not yet proposed, but almost certain to be shot down:
- Dueling bride and groom cake topper (thanks bobbzman!)
- "Masochism Tango" during the reception.
This list will surely be updated :-).