|A Children's Tale|
While we're on the topic of weddings...
Apr. 6th, 2020 @ 12:47 pm
I'm going to keep a running tab of all of the
- Underwater reception. My favorite idea of all of these. The goal was that I'd be able to properly dance at my wedding :-P
- Painting a tarot deck and reproducing it to give away as favors. (Not much of a technical problem as most of my family has a good level of artistic talent, especially muir)
- Groomsmen in labcoats.
- Groomsmen in cloaks.
- Groomsmen in not-tuxes. (I kept losing ground on this one)
- Goat ball tea station during the luncheon. (The caterer, who claims to be a "master of all asian cuisines", had never even heard of it (in any name), and so I ended up explaining it out, and something about " creamy tea with flavors and tapioca" just takes all the magic out of it)
- Using a sapling as a cake topper to plant afterwards. (I agreed on this one after my mother pointed out that she had a lot more faith in our relationship than our gardening)
Ideas not yet proposed, but almost certain to be shot down:
- Dueling bride and groom cake topper (thanks bobbzman!)
- "Masochism Tango" during the reception.
This list will surely be updated :-).
ahh yes....I think that the masochism tango may slip by my mother's radar (i.e. won't tell her).
|Date:||April 6th, 2005 08:03 pm (UTC)|| |
Is she the type that will recoil in horror if she actually hears it? (if so, you might want to encourage coordination between the dj and photographer...)
See, I keep telling you you should elope...
|Date:||April 7th, 2005 03:26 am (UTC)|| |
Can you send me your address quickly?
Got your invitation. Eloping wouldn't have helped, would it?
"Goat ball tea" is often called Bubble Tea or Boba Tea if I'm guessing correctly, if you tell him that, he might know what you are talking about.http://www.bobafind.com/
|Date:||April 7th, 2005 12:58 am (UTC)|| |
Yes, that's correct :-) I did refer to all other names I could think of (including "Thai Pearl Iced Tea"), but no hits. The main problem that the caterer has more likely than not never left central Pennsylvania.
By the way ... do I know you?
Ah, well you could always show them the webpage and educate them. :)
Nah, I found you on a friend's friend page and found the conversation interesting. :)
|Date:||April 7th, 2005 02:49 am (UTC)|| |
Pipe-cleaners would make pretty good boffer cores for dueling figures, I think.
|Date:||April 7th, 2005 04:15 pm (UTC)|| |
" Underwater reception"
Why no boba?? WHY NO BOBA, GOD I MISS BOBA? AHHHH
|Top of Page
||Powered by LiveJournal.com|