To celebrate, I'm going to waste time on the Internet. Then, I'm going to memorize Jabberwocky, so that B and I can have a Jabberwockyoff.
As per the rules:
"First, put your playlist on shuffle.
Second, post the first lines for the first 20 songs to come up (along with these instructions).
Third, have people guess the songs and artists in comments to the post.
Fourth, in a few days, post the answers. "
My "work" computer has a O(ginourmous) playlist, so I selected out anything that's completely in a non-English language. Now at least you have a fighting chance.
Also, as coraa did, "I excised a couple because they, uh, contained the title in the first line, but put them at the bottom for extra credit. There are also a couple that I know either are covers or have covers, so I'll except either. I'm also willing to believe that I misheard something, but I'm too lazy to google them all. :D". Yea. That.
- Let us be lovers, we'll marry our fortunes together.
- Here's a hint of gold, stuck into a tooth.
- Your love is like a tidal wave, spinning over my head.
- Traffic in the city turns my head around.
- Well, I just got into town about an hour ago; took a look around to see which way the wind blows.
- Starry starry night; paint your palette blue and grey.
- Hey Mister can you help me sir I plead, I plead for your sympathy.
- World turns black and white. Pictures in an empty room.
- I'm standing on the bridge, I'm waiting in the dark.
- Waiting for the moon to come and light me up inside
- The only thing I'll ever ask of you, darling promise not to stop when I say "when".
- You know that Johnny Werzner kid - the kid who delivers papers in the neighborhood?