I've already bought tickets for:
- 6/10: The Dreaming at the Red Devil Lounge in San Francisco. The Dreaming is a newer band led by Christopher Hall from Stabbing Westward. I haven't heard much by them, but they come well recommended, and tickets are only $8.
- 7/12: Mayhem Festival at Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View. The current band line-up includes Slipknot, Dragonforce, Mastodon, Underoath, 36 Crazyfists, Airbourne, Five Finger Death Punch, Machne Head, Walls of Jericho, Black Tide, Suicide Silence, The Red Chord, and Disturbed.
I'm very likely going to:
- 7/16: Rusted Root at the Grand Regency Ballroom, San Francisco. Rusted Root is an alternative/tribal band from Pittsburgh, PA. I've been to three shows with the current line-up, and I think they put on a great live show. They have an especially awesome drummer. The only reason I haven't gotten tickets yet is that it's 2 days before a paper deadline.
- 9/12: Nightwish and Sonata Arctica at the Fillmore, San Francisco. The new singer isn't bad at all, especially on the songs off of the new album that were written with her range in mind. The only reason this isn't in the certain category is that I just saw them in November.
If other people are interested, I'm thinking about going to:
- 6/25: Indigo Girls at The Catalyst, Santa Cruz. The club is right across the street from my apartment, so there is easy crash space. The downside is that it's a Wednesday night.
- 7/19: Feist at the Greek Theatre, U.C. Berkeley. This is a donation-only concert, and I've liked many of the Feist songs I've heard. Think Tori Amos x Jewel + a bit of Kimya Dawson - TheAngst.
- 8/27: Journey with Heart and Cheap Trick, Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View.
This post is subject to change as more interesting concerts are announced. Let me know if you're interested in joining me (and, frequently, inferno0069) for any of these!